The Society was founded in 1987 as a multidisciplinary forum for those involved and interested in paediatric intensive care, with the following aims:
- To promote training and education, with the aim of stimulating research and promoting collaborative studies.
- To provide a forum for discussion.
- To provide specialist advice.
- To collect information through the council of the society.
- To provide a focus for paediatric intensive care in the UK.
- Life insurance cover for transport/retrieval activities (up to £1 million).
- Subsidised subscription to an intensive care journal.
- Opportunity to participate in a wide variety of special interest groups.
- Opportunity to get involved in research through the PICS Study Group.
- Access to travel and research grants.
- Reduced registration for the annual PICS Conference.
- Regular e-mail and newsletter updates on hot topics.
Charitable Incorporated Organisation: Registration 1165535 (England and Wales). Registered address 21 Portland Place, London. W1B 1PY.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION